Bozar Roofs - 06.034
Complete structural engineering study.
The Centre for Fine Arts of Brussels was constructed by Victor Horta in 1928 right next to the Royal Palace of Brussels. The building was used as an exposition and concert hall by different associations of artists of that time. Under the impulse of the architect Barbara van der Wee a masterplan was developped to restore the entire Centre. Several design axes were defined :
- bring natural light to the building's interior;
- reconnect the building with the surrounding urban tissue;
- modify the exposition halls so that they comply with international standards;
Based on these objectives and the general context of the projet, the entire strutcure of the roof and exposition halls was restored.
The restoration works were divided into phases so as to allow the uninterrupted use of the Centre for Fine Arts. In addition to the roof restoration, other parts of the building have been embelished : Bozarshop, Bozarhoreca (the restaurant), Cinematek (the movies museum) ...
Some parts of the building including the roof are listed structures.